QM-Lab (Quantitative methods lab) must be understood both as an aggregation of DEM researchers and as a physical structure for data processing and management and where courses and seminars can be held.
Purposes of QM-Lab are:
- Design and organization of quantitative courses concerning analytical techniques and / or highly interdisciplinary applications that can be delivered in BSc, LM and Doctorate courses.
- Organization of specialization initiatives, aimed at both recent graduates and professionals in the sector (professionals and institutional managers): summer school, intensive training courses and every other initiative in modern lifelong learning.
- Organization of short courses in the laboratory on Statistical Learning techniques open to all.
- Delivery of statistical consulting not only for external institutions or firms but also for university members.
- Organization of seminars held by academic experts and practitioners, including international ones.
- Provide scientific and methodological support to DEM research groups in a perspective of development of multidisciplinary collaborations within the department and participation in research projects.
- Purchase, construction and management of economic-financial databases that can be used for DEM research.